Friday, December 12, 2008

trish stratus: stratusfaction comes to an end

Trish Stratus Pictures, Images and Photos
Stratusfaction Comes to an End
When that catchy Lil' Kim ditty blasts out of the Air Canada Centre tonight, when Trish Stratus walks to the ring with thousands of cheering fans giving her a sendoff fit for the queen of the divas, she's bound to have a tear in her eye.
Whoa! It's time to rock n' roll, This time I'm in control.
There've been so many memories, so many highlights stuffed into a six-plus-year WWE career ... and this will be her final night. It's much more than a storyline. Trish is leaping out of her career and right into marriage ... in real life ... saying "yes" to her high-school sweetheart Ron on Sept. 30.
"Really, I'm trying not to think about it because I might burst into tears," says Patricia Anne Stratigias over the phone. "I'm happy, I'm sad and I'm anxious. Next time I retire, remind me not to get married at the same time.
"It's been such a crazy ride. These people became my second family. It's a textbook story with a fairytale ending."
And what a career it's been. She's a six-time women's champ and a Diva of the Decade, a blonde bombshell with beauty and brains ... and a girl whose ambition not so long ago was to be a doctor.
I'm ready to take a break," she says. "I've been on the road for the last 10 years of my life.
"I've missed going out to see my nephews' hockey games ... I've missed my girlfriends' weddings and the birth of their kids. I want to stop and smell the roses and enjoy life.
"I haven't had a chance to enjoy the process of being a bride yet. My fiance and I have been together for 14 years. He grew up with my cousins in East York . Then he moved to Richmond Hill and I met him on a school bus in Grade 8.
"We became best friends, then boyfriend and girlfriend when we were 17.
"I'm going to be a professional vacationer for awhile. I've been everywhere, but I haven't really seen anything. So we're going to start in Greece and end off (the honeymoon) with fish and chips in London ."
Trish says the wedding will be big: "I'm Greek, he's Italian." And among the guests will be diva buddies Lisa Moretti (Ivory) and Nora Greenwald (Molly Holly), who will soon embark on the KickAss for Gas: The Wedding Tour. The former WWE divas will embark on a drive of more than 2,000 miles in a Scamp camper, appearing at wrestling shows along the way.
Trish would love to leave the WWE on a high note tonight, with a win over Lita ... and her seventh women's championship.
"It's been a wonderful ride," she says. "There's not one moment I would change. And hopefully I can walk away from Sept. 17 and retire as a seven-time champion."
Trish will maintain her home-town roots by moving right around the corner from her mom in Richmond Hill .

No comments: